Student Alumni Association
The Student Alumni Association (SAA) is the largest on-campus organization at Auburn University and its main goal is to foster a meaningful connection between Auburn students and alumni. The Student Alumni Association also hosts events, provides networking opportunities and distributes free t-shirts. Membership includes discounts at local businesses.
The Student Alumni Board (SAB) serves as the official host of the Auburn Alumni Center. While they host alumni events such as home tailgates, awards ceremonies and Auburn Alumni Association Board of Directors meetings, they also serve the Auburn University student body and all Student Alumni Association members. Student Alumni Board does this through planning a variety of events for its members and finding new ways to connect Auburn students to alumni.
Applications are due on February 28, 2020.
Interviews will be held from March 3, 2030 to March 5, 2020.
Interviews will be held in the Auburn Alumni Center located at 317 South College Street Auburn, AL 36849.
Callouts will be held on the back steps of Cater Hall on March 5, 2020.
The Auburn Student Alumni Association (SAA) is the student chapter of the Auburn Alumni Association. Established in 1999, SAA is the largest student organization at Auburn, with an average of 2,300 members. The Student Alumni Association provides students with the opportunity to interact with other students as well as Auburn University alumni and friends. Members of the organization receive a t-shirt and member discount card, plus other cool items, and can choose from one-year or four-year memberships. A number of events are hosted by SAA throughout the year, such as our annual Welcome Week event, BEAT Parties in the fall and spring, holiday themed events and many more opportunities to connect with other members.
The Student Alumni Association also works to raise funds for student scholarships. Rising seniors who are members of SAA are eligible for our annual scholarship. A dollar from each member’s dues goes toward this scholarship fund. We are very thankful for our SAA members and their continued participation and support!
The Commemorative Medallion program encourages Auburn University students who are preparing to graduate to make a financial contribution to a school, college, department, organization or program at AU. With a minimum gift of their upcoming graduation year (i.e. $20.20 in 2020), the graduate is given a keepsake Commemorative Medallion that can be worn at commencement exercises. The Commemorative Medallion program introduces giving in hopes that as these Auburn men and women move into alumni status, they will build on their first gift and continue to give back to Auburn University for life. Click on the button below to get started.
Member Benefit Providers
- Anders Bookstore – 15% off all merchandise (excludes books and electronics); 10% discount on textbooks
- Auburn Reprographics – 20% off supplies and 10% off printing
- Brooks Brothers – Members are eligible to enroll for a Brooks Brothers Corporate Membership Card to receive a 15% savings on regularly priced merchandise. Enter Org. ID: 12183 and Pin Code: 25018
- Church Hill Classics – Check out diploma frames and graduation gifts!
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Receive 5% off of the retail rate by referencing account code L55E201
- Gifts.com – Receive a 15% discount using the code: ALUMNI15
- Jewelry By Design – 15% off the purchase of any Auburn inspired jewelry with code JBD4AU
- Jos. A Bank – 20% off any regular price item (excludes rentals and gift cards)
- Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Arts – 5% discount off all regularly priced merchandise in the JCSM shop
- Momma Goldberg’s Deli – Free nachos with the purchase of a large drink (Thach or Magnolia)
- National Car Rental – Receive 10% off the retail rate by referencing account code L55E201
- Neighborhood Barre – Members receive 20% off all merchandise and services and Gameday Class Pack $60 (7 classes for 7 home games)
- Niffer’s – $1 off any purchase
- Personal Creations – Receive a 15% discount using the code: ALUMNI15
- ProFlowers – 15% discount on an assortment of flowers, plants and gifts when using the code ALUMNI15
- Pure Barre Auburn – 10% off any regular priced package
- Rent Gear Here – 10% off all rentals serving Destin, Panama City Beach and 30A
- Saugahatchee Country Club – Half-price initiation fees for student membership
- Shakey’s Pizza – 15% off menu and buffet items
- Sheri’s Berries – 15% discount when using the code ALUMNI15
- Taylor Made Designs – 20% off any purchase of $20 or more
- TCBY – 10% off purchase
- Team Spirit Store– Members receive a 15% discount using the code WarEagle15
- Whitt’s Auto Service – $5 off any oil and filter service and $10 off any repairs over $100
- Wild Birds Unlimited of Auburn – 10% off all bird food
Meet the Board
The Student Alumni Board of Directors is the governing body of the Student Alumni Association. The board is responsible for planning events and coordinating projects that help our members network with alumni and fellow students; raising scholarship funds; and helping students build a stronger sense of connection to Auburn University in preparation for graduation. Members of the board are chosen through a highly selective application and interview process in the spring.
The Student Alumni Board is composed of four committees with a wide range of responsibilities. The committees are Membership, Events, Sponsorships and Public Relations. The role of the membership committee is to assist with developing campaign ideas to increase student memberships throughout the year. The events committee is responsible for assisting with all Student Alumni Association programs and events hosted throughout the year. Committee members will also brainstorm new and creative ideas for future events. The role of the sponsorships committee is to assist with obtaining local sponsors for annual events and member benefits. The role of the public relations committee is to assist with publicizing and promoting Student Alumni Association across campus and all social media platforms.
Student Alumni Board members proudly serve Auburn as hosts and hostesses at Auburn Alumni Association events such as the Auburn Hospitality Tailgate and Club Leadership Conference.
To be considered for the board, you must be a member of the SAA, so if you are interested in applying for a position on the board this fall, join the SAA today and get involved by attending some of our great events! Applications will be made available each spring on this website.
To request Student Alumni Board members for an event fill out the form below. We ask that requests be made at least a month in advance of event for scheduling purposes.
Stacy Lin Thompson
Sarah Jane Levine
VP, Public Relations