We are a member-based 501(c)3 organization funded by membership contributions, individual donations and corporate sponsorships/affinity program partners. We have a staff of 25 employees and mentor student interns who work with our team. Our membership base is one of the largest in the SEC, standing strong at 43,000 members.
In total, Auburn University has 190,000 mailable grads, making our membership base 27% of our total addressable grad base. Auburn University has 200,000 (total living) alumni. The Student Alumni Association (SAA) was established in 1999. Originally envisioned as a means to bridge the gap between students and alumni, the SAA has grown and developed into Auburn's largest campus organization with 3,500 active members.
Join your Auburn Alumni Association as an annual member and receive tons of great discounts while supporting Auburn.
Annual members receive a yearly pin, car decal and membership card, along with four issues of the award-winning Auburn Magazine and six editions of our e-newsletter AlumniFYI. Benefits range from discounts on insurance and moving services to free entry into the Alumni Hospitality Tailgate on home game days.
An individual membership contribution is $50 and a joint (spouses/partners) membership contribution is $65. Annual membership runs for one year from payment date.
Recent graduates of Auburn University receive a special discounted annual membership rate of $25 (regularly $50) for their first four years after graduation.
Membership is great way to start networking, whether through our 93 Auburn Clubs or through the Auburn Alumni Network, an online community exclusively for graduates and members of the alumni association.
Membership also provides great discounts on everything from health insurance to local eateries to online shopping. For more information about the benefits, visit www.aualum.org/benefits.
Auburn Club Membership Commissions
Current annual and life members of the Auburn Alumni Association are automatically members of their local Auburn Club. There are 93 clubs nationwide and they host game-watching parties, support the university by raising money for scholarships and are also a great networking tool. To find your local club, visit www.aualum.org/clubs. If you are not a current member, but wish to join and give credit to your local club, you may select your club’s name from the “Local Auburn Club” section on the membership join page, www.aualum.org/join.
Through a membership with the Auburn Alumni Association, you have access to a variety of discounts and special promotions. During football season, your membership grants you complete access to the Alumni Hospitality Tailgate. You'll also receive the award-winning Auburn Magazine in your mailbox each quarter. In addition, membership contributions are 90% tax deductible for federal income tax purposes. You should consult with your personal tax advisor concerning the deduction that you may claim.
Please refer to the list below for all the benefits a membership provides. * denotes a local Auburn benefit.
- Crenshaw Guest House - 15% off lodging. Phone: (334) 821-1131
- Home-Towne Suites - $59.95 rate for studio rooms and $79.99 rate for one bedroom.
- The Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center* - Receive a discounted rate.
- Marriott - Special rates and awards available with promo code ZXM.
- Anders Book Store* - 15% off all merchandise (excludes textbooks).
- Brooks Brothers - Members are eligible to enroll for a Brooks Brothers Corporate Membership Card to receive a 15% savings on regularly priced merchandise. Enter Org. ID: 12176 and Pin Code: 53066 at Membership.BrooksBrothers.com
- J&M Bookstore* - 10% off Auburn gift items. Phone: 334-887-7007
- Jewelry By Design* - 15% off the purchase of any Auburn inspired jewelery with code JBD4AU
- Jos. A Bank* - 20% off any regular price item (excludes rentals & gift cards)
- Stamp Auburn* - Association members can buy one (of anything) get one free!
- Tiger Rags* - The official Auburn Alumni web store. Phone: (800)288-4437
- Block & Barrel* - 10% discount on any purchase. 323 Airport Rd, Auburn, AL
- Cake-A-Potamus* - $10 off per hour of private instructions. $5 off per dozen cupcakes.
- Island Wing Co* - 1/2 off an appetizer with a purchase of an entree.
- Locos Grill & Pub* - Free individual nacho with purchase of a drink.
- Momma Goldberg's Deli* - Free nachos with the purchase of a large drink.
- Niffer's Place* - $1 off any purchase.
- Pizza Schmizza* - 15% off with member card/pin
- Shakey's Pizza* - 15% off menu items, excluding alcohol and taxes.
- TCBY* - 10% discount for Association members.
- Taziki's* - 10% off any catering orders from current Auburn and Montgomery locations and soon Opelika.
- Wake Up Coffee Co.* - Buy one, get one half off for all café drinks at the Auburn location.
Health & Wellness
- Aquatics Center* - $20 off a 3 month pass; or $100 off an annual pass.
- Auburn Lasik & Eye Institute* - 10% discount for the purchase of contacts or glasses.
- Auburn Tanning and Wellness Center* - 1st tan session free + 10% off tanning and weight loss products. Phone: 334-209-0630
- AU Club* - Association members receive 50% off your initiation fee.
- Big Dog Running Co.* - 10% off! Auburn's full service specialty walking/running store.
- Day Spring Shoppe* - 10% off on most items.
- Max Fitness* - $0 enrollment fee and $19.95/month membership.
- One Eighty Wellness Spa* - 10% off any service or product, not valid with other offers.
- Play It Forward Golf - Save up to 70% on greens fees when playing golf!
- Pure Barre - 10% off any regular-priced package. Phone: 334-887-0007
- Rent Gear Here - 10% off all rentals. Phone: 888-750-7606
- Saugahatchee Country Club* - "Orange and Blue" club membership for two.
- Spa Auburn* - 15% off spa services, excluding medical procedures.
- Check It Out - 10% off discount excluding sales and specials.
- Diploma Frames - Church Hill Classics. Phone: (800) 477-9005
- Pieces of There - 10% off with code auburnhero
- Scarlet & Gold - 15% off with code AUALUMNI15
- Sherpa - 20% off with code AUSHERPA
- Team Spirit Store - Auburn Alumni Receives 15% Off with AALUMNI15 Coupon Code!
- Wild Birds Unlimited* - 10% off all bird food
- 4 Seasons Cleaner* - 10% discount.
- ADT - Get $100 Back When You Order New Home Security Service
- Atlantic Relocation - Save today by calling Tom Larkins at 941-758-3844.
- Auburn Libraries* - Members of the association have on-site library privileges.
- Auburn Reprographics* - Current offer of 20% off supplies and 10% off printing.
- Cable and Internet - Get a $50 prepaid Visa card in addition to the best nationally advertised promotion for Charter, Time Warner, and Xfinity.
- DIRECTV - Get DIRECTV today! Packages starting at $19.99
- Dish Network - Get $100 Back When You Order New Home Security Service
- GradMed - Short-term graduate insurance to help cover medical bills.
- HughesNet - $0 Upfront After $99 Instant Savings plus get an exclusive $100 mail-in rebate.
- Kaplan Test Prep - Use discount code: AUALUM100 for a $100 savings!
- Liberty Mutual - Discounts offered on home, renter's insurance and auto!
- Mercer - Insurance, risk management and financial services.
- OLLI at Auburn* - $20 for an annual membership (excluding academic fee).
- Peaches N Clean* - 10% off next carpet cleaning. Phone: 334-502-5326
- SafeSpray Pest Control* - 10% discount to members when they sign up for annual pest control service.
- Tiger Limo* - Tiger Limo offers members a 10% discount.
- Whitts Auto Service* - $5.00 off next oil and filter service. Phone: 334-502-8848
Q: I'm a life member, and my spouse wants to join. Can he or she be added?
A: Spouses may be added to an existing life membership for $325.
Q: My child graduated recently. Is there a special rate for new graduates?
A: Auburn alumni who have graduated within the past four years may purchase an annual membership at a discounted rate of $25. For more, see www.aualum.org/newgrads..
Q: I recently joined the association, but my packet hasn't arrived in the mail. When should I expect it?
A: Members typically receive their packets within four to six weeks from the date they join the association. Questions? Call 334-844-2960.
Q: What happens if my spouse and I, who together purchased a joint life membership, elect to divorce?
A: Former spouses may decide either to split the joint membership into separate memberships (with any remaining payments divided equally), or one spouse may keep the joint membership in full. The written consent of both parties is necessary. Call 334-844-2960 to discuss details.
Q: A relative recently passed away. Who should I notify as regards his or her membership status?
A: Email our records department at [email protected]. Memberships are closed after a person's death and are not transferrable.
Q: What is the Alumni Hospitality Tailgate?
A: The Alumni Hospitality Tailgate is a celebratory event hosted by the Auburn Alumni Association prior to each home football game. The tailgate opens three hours before kickoff and closes 30 minutes before kickoff. Members are admitted free of charge and may bring one guest for $5. Children ages 3 and under receive free admission. Children ages 4 to 12 are admitted for $5 each. All other guests pay $10. Food and drinks are provided, along with entertainment and special guests, such as Aubie and the Auburn University Marching Band.
Q: Do I have to bring my membership pin or card to get into the Alumni Hospitality Tailgate?
A: For express entrance, members may simply show their pins or cards at the gate. For those without proof of membership, there are tables near the tailgate entrance where alumni staffers can verify membership status.
Q: We've had a birth in our family! How do I contact Auburn Magazine to submit a birth announcement? Can I receive a Tiger Cub Certificate?
A: To submit a birth announcement to Auburn Magazine, send an email to [email protected] containing the parents' names, place of residence, the child's full name and date of birth. Parents must be members of the Auburn Alumni Association to receive a Tiger Cub certificate; to request a certificate, email [email protected].
Q: I need to update my address, phone number or marriage status. Who do I contact?
A: Email [email protected] or call 334-844-2944 to update information in our alumni database. You may also enter updates online at http://www.aualum.org/network.
Q: I'd like to give an association membership as a gift. How do I do this?
A: Call 334-844-2960 to discuss purchasing a gift membership. We're happy to send the membership packet to either you or the recipient.
Q: I'm looking for an old friend. How can I find his or her contact information?
A: Our online community is a great place to start looking for friends. You may register and perform detailed searches for classmates at http://www.aualum.org/network.
You may also look up friends in our printed alumni directory, which is published every five years. Directories are able for viewing at the Auburn Alumni Center. To order a book for yourself, call 800-877-6554. (Due to privacy laws, we cannot release personal information on individual alumni without their permission. We may be able to facilitate connections between individuals, however. For details, email [email protected].)
Q: Does my membership include library and aquatics center privileges?
A: Association members may access the Ralph Brown Draughon Library* and James E. Martin Aquatics Center on campus. You will need to visit the Office of Identity Management, located in the OIT Building at 300 Lem Morrison Drive, in order to receive an ID card. For details, see http://www.auburn.edu/oit/idm/. You will need to show a current form of ID and current membership card. For more information about the aquatics center, see http://aquatics.auburn.edu/.
* Library usage is restricted to checking out books and accessing certain public databases. The James E. Martin Aquatics Center offers $20 off a 3 month pass or $100 off an annual pass for Auburn Alumni Association members.
Q: I agreed to pay five annual installments to complete my life membership. I have missed a payment. What should I do?
A: Payments are due the same month each year, and payment reminders are sent via mail, email, and phone calls. After a payment is 30 days late, your membership status goes inactive, and you no longer receive membership benefits. If you were paying at an old rate (rates increased in 2011) and your membership has lapsed, you can pay off your membership at the old rate within one year of your expiration date. Otherwise, you will have to begin paying installments at the new rate.
Q: I started my life membership payments under the old rate. I see rates have changed; do I still make the same payment?
A: Yes—you may continue paying the old rate as long as your membership has not lapsed for one year. After one year, you will have to make payments under the new rate. To make a payment under the old rate, you need a paper form or you may pay by phone at 334-844-2960.
Q: I'm an annual member, and I want to add my spouse—can I do that?
A: Yes—if you joined less than three months ago, you may add your spouse for $15. If you joined more than three months ago, it's best to wait until receiving a renewal notice, at which point you may purchase a joint membership.
Q: I am not an Auburn University graduate—may I still join the association to support Auburn?
A: Yes! We have more than 4,000 non-graduate members. Join today at www.aualum.org/join
Q: I graduated from Auburn University Montgomery. Can I join the Auburn Alumni Association?
A: Yes! You may join AUM's association, the Auburn Alumni Association or both at www.aualum.org/join
Q: I joined as a life member many years ago. I've heard that children of life members receive tuition assistance; is that true?
A: Children of fully paid life members may be eligible for alumni scholarship assistance provided they meet certain academic criteria. Call 334-844-2995 for details.
Our alumni programs include activities to engage and reunite our alumni. Programs are geared to alumni of all ages and include (but are not limited to) a Student Alumni Association, a travel program, reunions (Golden Eagles), game-day hospitality tailgate festivities, awards and recognition events for outstanding alumni, minority alumni events, a scholarship program, and business partner programs which offer financial savings and reward programs to alumni. We also manage a national Auburn Club program which allows alumni throughout the nation to network and socialize with other grads. Clubs raise scholarship dollars for students meeting criteria of the clubs choosing.
Academic support, a mission of the Association and its Clubs, is achieved by raising financial support for a wide variety of programs aimed at enhancing Auburn 's academic reputation. A portion of contribution income from memberships, and a portion of corporate sponsorships/affinity partner programs, is awarded each year to scholarships, professorships, awards, and other areas of priority academic need as determined by the Auburn Alumni Association president and board of directors. In the last 10 years, the Auburn Alumni Association has awarded 730 student scholarships.
Member Demographics & Statistics
Although Auburn alumni live around the world, we are still part of a family. Below is some information about "your family." The map and information below are current as of January 2015. Members come from all walks of life. Not all members are Auburn graduates, but we all have one thing in common – we love Auburn University.
All Living Alumni: 226,123, Members: 42,911
*Note: these are self reporting numbers
Alumni By College:
Agriculture: 9,958, Members: 1,053
Architecture, Design & Construction: 9,604, Members: 745
Business: 39,570, Members: 4,346
COSAM: 13,010, Members: 1,199
Education: 30,381, Members: 3,247
Engineering: 32,770, Members: 3,774
Forestry: 2,915, Members: 307
Human Sciences: 9,726, Members: 801
Liberal Arts: 35,465, Members: 2,477
Nursing: 2,184, Members: 168
Pharmacy: 4,672, Members: 895
Veterinary Medicine: 4,119, Members: 218
Undesignated School: 4,255, Members: 141
*All alumni information updated February 2015
Alumni By Class Year:
2010-2019: 24,571, Members: 689
2000-2009: 41,286, Members: 1,828
1990-1999: 40,476, Members: 3,448
1980-1989: 34,286, Members: 4,186
1970-1979: 28,351, Members: 4,771
1960-1969: 16,462, Members: 2,885
Prior to 1960: 12,809, Members:1,611